.

.

Friday, August 3, 2012

the Girl's Piano Room

I'd say for the most part, our entry room is finished.
Here is what it looked like BEFORE with the previous owners.

It sat empty for almost the entire first year before I was brave enough to tackle the huge white built-ins.
 I was utterly terrified and intimidated by them.

I started off with a simple idea.  Books wrapped in paper.

I love this idea for many reasons.  It is unique, cheap (only cost me $30 and 3 hours to wrap every book that I own), and if I get sick of the color scheme down the road, it will be quick and cheap to change.



Pink is clearly my accent color.
 






I spy with my very own eye...

Ava and I were hanging out in the room, trying to decide what to use to fill the last cubby.
I realized that she matched perfectly! I couldn't resist.

My rug.  Scott thinks that it is "butt ugly".  
I promised him that once then entire room was put together that it would grow on him and that he would hardly notice it.



I'm not in love with this wall, but it will work for now.


Again the BEFORE.

And the AFTER.  It has been dubbed the girl's room.  I believe it only fair for Ava and I to have a girl's room, after all, Scott and Alec have an entire man cave filled with posters of Braveheart and Batman.

2 comments:

  1. i love the after. it looks awesome. great job. and that baby adds the extra umph. she so dang cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing! and I don't think the rug is butt ugly :)

    ReplyDelete