.

.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Alec's 3rd Birthday

We've decided to make it a tradition to fill the kids rooms with balloons on their birthdays. See here for last year.
This year was perfect, because Alec is just realizing the concept of birthdays.  We told him he would know it was his birthday because his room would have lots of balloons. 
 
 
The message was received load and clear.  
 

Just a little excited.


I couldn't help myself, I kept snapping away with the camera.

Before I blew up the balloons, Scott distracted Alec with one of his favorite activities, making pancakes. (Alec wakes up kind of grumpy, so we thought it best to put some food in his belly before we overwhelm him with a hundred balloons)

I know this looks staged.  
But he gathered this blue bouquet all on his own and carried it around all morning.



Like I said, I couldn't stop taking pictures.

I feel like this was our first REAL birthday.  Instead of us making all the decisions and having a party/fun day out of obligation to celebrate, the day really was all about Alec. Making him feel special and loved.  So, we let him do what he loves most.  A Thomas the Train themed party at the Little Monkey Business.  I even let him pick the guest list, dessert, drinks and party favors.

What more could a 3 year old ask for?  Friends, pizza, doughnuts, a sucker, and mommy's medicine (soda).
 

"There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship"
                                                                                          Thomas Aquinas

While Alec loves all his gifts, this one stole his heart.  We bought him this garbage truck a few weeks ago, placed it atop the fridge as a motivation to go potty on the toilet. We have repeatedly told him that all he as to get the garbage truck is to go potty on the toilet.  
When we got home from his party, he pulled out his new garbage truck, strolled over to the fridge and smuggly said,  
"Look mom, its the same" (cleary all I had to do to get the garbage truck his have a bday party)

Little stinker!  You may have won this battle, but we will win this potty training war!



When Scott came home, we gave him his big present.

Ava looks a little nervous for the bikes debut.


More so than on any other day, I thought my heart would burst from so much love that I felt for Alec.  I cannot imagine life without him.  He is blossoming into the sweetest, most obedient, charming and witty little humanbeing! 

1 comment:

  1. Those pictures of him jumping on his bed are priceless. It doesn't get better than that!

    ReplyDelete