.

.

Monday, April 1, 2013

Lazy Easter

I felt like the Grinch of Easter this year!
Other than buying the kids new spring outfits, I had no intentions of doing Easter eggs or baskets
(trying to put it off as long as possible.)
What can I say, I am a sucker for holiday traditions.  I woke up in a panic and scrounged through our basement "crap" and found some Easter scraps left over from last year.  Just in time to hide them before the kids woke up.  I just couldn't let the day go by without doing anything!

Ava was the first to catch on and find an egg.


The first to find the baskets.
 

 And the first to discover the deliciousness of Cadberry eggs.

 Look at these faces.  So glad that the lazy Easter Bunny pulled her act together at the last second.
(even if it meant that poor Ava got a football for her basket)

 

Fakest smile ever, but I'll take it.
 


 After church we went to a friend's house for Easter dinner and enjoyed watching the kids ruin their Easter outfits in the 60 degree weather.

 

 

The highlight of the day (other than watching Ava reek havoc in her ridiculous dress that was the cutest thing ever) was when we tried to explain the meaning of Easter to 3 year old Alec.  We basically said it was a special day because Jesus had really bad owies but he was Resurrected and now he doesn't have them anymore. So we are all very happy.

Then on the way to church Alec said, "Jesus is TOUGH-he doesn't have his owies anymore"


 Love my family and am so grateful for the Resurrection and for the opportunity I have to spend forever with them!
(time flies!  Click here for last Easter)

No comments:

Post a Comment