.

.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Traditional Anniversary

Scott and I had such a fun anniversary! We are creatures of habit so we love to create traditions, I think that my favorite traditions are the ones that we have on our anniversary. Scott got me these beautiful flowers and thoughtful cards. He always buys two, one is always hilarious and the other one he writes something really cheesy yet meaningful.


My hot date came to pick me up in his new car that he got that afternoon. (the new car definitely not part of the tradition, but you know that I claimed it as my gift)


We had our trusty sitter Faith watch Alec for the evening.


We have made it a tradition to go to the temple and do sealings. It is such a special way to celebrate our marriage and to remember our duties, responsibilities, promises and blessings. We live only 5 minutes from the Denver temple, being that it is the only temple in Colorado, I feel so blessed that we live so close.




It was so interesting how at the beginning of the evening when Scott picked me up all dressed up in his nice suit and his nice new car, I was thinking how handsome he was and how lucky we are to have the things that we have. And then, when I first saw him in the temple without his worldly attire, it literally took my breath away, and that it was here in this setting that he couldn't have been more handsome. I am so thankful for those moments!





We have had a long standing love affair with Flemmings, but we finally decided to cheat, venture out and try a new restaurant called Del Friscos. I am glad that we did, it was delicious and the service was excellent!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that you cheated on Flo Flo!!! But seriously, that cake looks awesome! How was it? Love your flowers and congrats on the new car! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete