.

.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

California Dreamin'

Scott, Alec and I had an early Thanksgiving in Camarillo. It was so nice to go as a family and to spend time with family, friends and of course to enjoy the nice weather!

Alec was a little champ on the flight to LAX.


Enjoying some lazy time at Grammie Miller's house.




We left Grammie for 5 minutes to watch Alec...it looks like he ended up watching his Grammie!

(Alec, make sure that Grammie doesn't roll off the bed!)

Santa Monica Pier

Sena was nice enough to take the day off work and take us to the Santa Monica Pier.






Alec loved his first time at the beach...


...until we actually placed him on the beach. He is more of an observer.

(Oh my gosh! I can hardly stand to look at this picture. I just want to scoop him up!)

We had to stuff our faces with stale, over priced churros. I will say, that I think that the atmosphere makes them taste better!


Alec with his favorite Aunt that is named Sena.


Paradise Cove

On the way home, we stopped by Paradise Cove. I could've stayed there all week!


We ate at the coolest restaurant. We had some yummy clam chowder soup and virgin pina coladas. They tasted especially delicious once we checked on the weather in Colorado which was 28 degrees, as opposed to Malibu which was 79 degrees.



Alec hit a milestone and sat in a highchair for his first time. He LOVED all the attention he was getting from the old ladies at the table behind us.

Check please?








Alec sure loves his pretty Aunt Sena.


Piano Lessons with Grammie

Alec loves the piano. Scott and I went piano shopping a few months ago. Alec was in the baby bijourn, and I sat down to play a song. Alec's face instantly lit up and he grinned from ear to ear. Scott was so excited the he made an offer on the spot, and that day we went home with a piano.



Before long, he was on his own.


My kid may not be crawling yet...but he does play a mean C note.

Pt. Magu- More beach pictures

As you can see, Alec warmed up to the idea of sitting in the sand.




We had to get a shot with Alec's name in the sand.


Pt. Magu Rock in the background.




The LOVE BIRDS...


My Mom and Reed


Congratulations Mrs. Sena Reed!

The day that we left Scott's sister Sena, won an award for teacher of the county. She has been teaching special needs kids with autism at Camarillo Heights for the past 7 years, and has been doing an amazing job! She is so great with kids, and couldn't be cuter with our little Alec!

The award was a surprise, and her in-laws flew in to celebrate. I am so glad that Scott was able to be there to represent the Smith's.




Sena & Chris

We did not see my brother and his cute little family and the rest of our friends until the end of the trip. By then, we were tired of lugging our camera around, so we don't have any pictures. But Alec had so much fun playing with all his little Miller cousins. We had such a fun trip, but it was also nice to come back home to Colorado, cold weather snow and all!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, I found you! You guys are the cutest. Especially little Alec ... he is too much!! I think the pictures on the piano are my fav.

    So I should warn you, you made it onto the Halloween post on my blog. If you see it and want me to send you the full version let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! Looks like you had a lot of fun in California. But...the favorite aunt title may change after Christmas... He is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete