.

.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Colorado Thanksgiving

This year was Alec's first Thanksgiving. Even though he has no idea what Thanksgiving is, having him around made Thanksgiving much more special to me!


We snapped a few shots before things got too crazy in the kitchen.


I was a lucky lady this year! I had all the Smith Men as company. Scott's dad Mike and his brother Josh flew in for the weekend.


Hum, I wonder where Scott learned to help around the kitchen?





Alec serenaded us with a few C, D and F# notes while the turkey was in the oven.


While Scott and Josh managed their Fantasy Football teams.


Alec got in the spirit and tried a few bites of Grandpa Mike's famous potatoes.


I am not a huge fan of the traditional Thanksgiving desserts. While we still had pumpkin and cherry pie (thanks Costco!) I made my favorite cake. I figured that if I was doing all the baking, that I would make something that I would actually eat.
Let me introduce to you the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cake.

It has Reeses Peanut Butter Cups in the center.

I think that I took down about 3/4 of that thing!

By the end of the night, tired and bellies full, Mike and Josh snuggled during the football games.


Grandpa Mike and Alec.


Three generations of handsome Smith Men!

1 comment:

  1. I'm just going to ignore that first post and say way to be on documenting your Thanksgiving! We had 20 people worth of craziness and I'm not sure if I remembered to take any pictures. I guess we'll find out.

    Oh and that cake does look amazing! Definitely a good idea to make what you love :)

    ReplyDelete