.

.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hymns & GG

On Sunday our ward did a testimony meeting of hymns where we sang hymns the entire hour. It was very touching.

I have never cared much for hymns; however, Alec LOVES them! He will squirm and fuss, but the second he detects the organ, his eyes light up in awe as he scans the room admiring the beautiful voices. I can tell that he can feel the love in the room. Often I wonder if I measure up as a mother for this precious boy. It is during the tender moments of the hymns every week that I am reassured that this little boy is exactly where he is supposed to be, and that as a mother, there is no greater gift that I can give to my child than that of exposing him to the love of the gospel!

Alec's GG was able to visit for the weekend and was able to attend that sacrament meeting. I am so grateful for the legacy of the gospel that my mother has instilled in her children and that I am now able to pass that legacy on to my children.


2 comments:

  1. Where did you get your wreath? Would you care if I totally copied you? I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom looks gorgeous! I would have loved to have been there, that sounds amazing! Alec is so adorable, it sounds like you might have a musical boy on your hands!

    ReplyDelete