.

.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Alec's Big Boy Room

I only want to do a big boy room for Alec once. So I chose a theme that he is currently obsessed with that he can also grow in to. I also decided to go straight for the full size bed that he will be able to use all the way through high school.





I put a lot of time and consideration as to the items that I wanted placed on his walls. As he grows I know that he will be bombarded with messages from the outside world, so I wanted to ensure that every item in his room would contain as many uplifting and truthful messages as possible.


I fell in love with these pictures! Especially when I saw there was a boy and girl version. So now Alec and Ava each have one in their rooms. Every time I get Alec up from his naps he always points to the picture and says, "Jesus"


Alec goes crazy for this basket ball hoop. He is in seventh heaven when I let him jump on the bed and I act like he just won the NBA Championship every time that he makes a hoop.


Current changing station, future homework station.




While his "big boy room" is ready and waiting for him, he is still my little toddler and still sleeps in his crib.
(I am in no rush to get rid of this crib! Especially since I got these black out curtains, he naps at least 3 hours every day!)

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness...seriously in love!!! SO SO SO SO SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't picture Alec so grown up he is jumping on the bed and making hoops! He and Max would have such a blast these days. And Alec could teach Max a thing or two about hoops. His room is so awesome! When do we get to see Ava's room?!? I can't believe you are about to have a baby!! Ahh!!!

    ReplyDelete