.

.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ava Abigail Smith...

...was born November 22, 2011 at 5 pm in Lone Tree, Colorado at the Skyridge Hospital.
Weighing 6 lbs 2 oz
Length 19 1/2 inches


We had a scheduled induction, so we checked in at 6 am and got the process started. By noon my contractions started to become painful so I received my epidural. I was in happy land until about 4:46 when it was time to push, but only 10 short minutes and three pushes later, Ava arrived. BEST labor and delivery!

Love at first sight! I can't believe the incredible bond that I felt immediately!


Proud Papa. He is so smitten!


We had our very own Paula Dean for our labor and delivery nurse. She is awesome!


My poor mom! She showed up not even a minute after Ava was born, she got here too darn fast!


Our first photo as a family of 4. Alec was completely obliviously to the new baby.








I was a such a baby hog, I barely let anyone hold her the first day.









Cutest Big Brother!


Such a wiggle worm! Which should be of no surprise, she kicked me like crazy!






Later that afternoon some friends had us over for a lovely Thanksgiving dinner. It was so generous and thoughtful of them to include us, especially since we did not lift a finger.

We have so much to be grateful for! I am still shocked how smoothly everything went, and that everyone is in perfect health!
This will most definitely go down as a most memorable Thanksgiving.

Welcome to our family Ava!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! You look so good Heidi! What a sweet little baby! Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww this makes me so happy!!! And so excited for my own little one! I have been wanting to talk to you so much but I don't want to bug you, either! I know the first week or so with 1 baby was CRAZY, and I have no idea how it is with the second. Hopefully everything is going well. I can't believe the delivery was so effortless! That's awesome. What a little sweetheart, she is beautiful already. Congratulations again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Heidi! She is beautiful! Glad everything went well with the delivery. I sure am going to miss delivering at Sky Ridge. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is beautiful, congratulations! I'm glad everything went so well!

    ReplyDelete