.

.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Ragnar Relay

So, you remember when I said that I was never going to do another race ever again? Found here.  Well, that was only 4 weeks ago, and I somehow found myself running in yet another race.
And boy am I glad that I did.  I ran the Ragnar Relay race with 11 other people, and as promised, I had the time of my life.
The race started in Breckenridge, Co and ended in Snowmass, Co.  
That is 188 miles, split amongst 12 people, we ran it in 30 hours.

Disclaimer: We woke up at 4am to get to the race and over the span of the next two days we got a couple hours of sleep.  
We were tired, stinky, smelly and sweaty thus there will be no glamor shots of anyone in this post.


We were team number 193 and our team name was Undecided, because we are awesome like that.

Between every exchange, you would hand off a slap bracelet that worked as our baton.  

The views on the race were breathtaking.  It was so serene to be able to run out in nature with not a soul in sight...however, it was a bit scary when there was not a soul in sight during the nighttime runs.

This team had quite a bit of spirit throughout the entire race.  I kept waiting for them to crash, but they never did.

First runner, Nathan.

Second, Jenni.

I ran in 3 different legs.  The first was 9 miles at 9 am, the second was 5 miles at 8 pm, and my final third was 5.5 miles at 6 am. My first run was my favorite.

Exchange with Becky, the fourth runner.

Linda our driver/cruise director.  Talk about stamina, she had to be on her A game throughout the entire event getting us to all the different check points.

Lots of time in the car, lead to Becky finally getting me on instagram.


People got pretty creative with the way they decorated their vans.



Mike was running so fast that his picture is blurry.

The whole Team Undecided (minus one, who was running her leg).

There she is.



Van 1 waiting for Van 2.

Here they come!



At nights we all had to wear headlamps and reflective vests.

This was the scenery at my last leg.



There was so much crap in the van.

Just some festive runners.

We all ran the last 20 yards through the finish line.


Do you think we were a little tired on the way home?

1 comment:

  1. I'm sooo glad you ran... and that you had the time of your life!

    ReplyDelete