.

.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

4th

We had a low key fourth of July.
Because of the local fires, there was a ban on fireworks.
Last minute (the kids in their pjs, I hadn't showered in days and still in our golf clothes) we headed to downtown Denver with some friends to watch the fireworks over the capital building.


After drinking half of Scott's Mountain Dew, Alec was his own hyper little firecracker.

Ava was the cutest little snuggle bug during the show.

Ava's festive outfit. Girls are so much fun!


First thing in the morning we headed to the parade aka local advertisement show.

Later that day we headed to a BBQ.
The day before some friends had mentioned how they found a hilarious costume online.
It was too funny to resist.  I can't remember the last time I had laughed so hard when Scott tried it on.

The best part was that this was actually Scott, the guy who doesn't even dress up for Halloween and who has affectionately been nicknamed the Grinch by my family.  He sported it for about 5 minutes before he took it off.  But it was worth every penny.  I think I am going to start requesting that he wear it when I need a good laugh. Or maybe if he loses a bet, he may have to wear it to the grocery store???

Ava on the other hand, didn't think it was too funny.

I am so grateful to those who work and fight to enable us to enjoy the luxury of the freedom and to live in the country that we do.

1 comment: