.

.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

MadMen and Dresses

I have no intentions of trying to create or turn this into a fashion blog; however, I could not resist a post about this dress from Anthropologie. I love, love, love it.



We have been watching a lot of MadMen lately and as a result, I have become obsessed with their dresses.


I do understand that it is somewhat unrealistic to have my hair done up, make-up perfect, chase a toddler around, keep up a clean house and have dinner ready all in my pretty yellow dress just in time for Scott when he comes home (like it was done in the 50's).

I tend to look more like this as Scott is going to and from work.


Still, I do think that it would be nice to be able to have a pretty yellow dress for church on Sundays. Am I right? While I am still waiting to purchase my yellow dress, Scott was cute enough to notice my latest obsession and he did pick this up for me. This may be a more realistic option to get the look I am going for.



Isn't this apron adorable? The only downside is that in order to wear it I actually have to cook (which may have been Scott's motivation for the purchase) nonetheless, I am so happy with it! Thank you Scott for braving the scary world of Anthropologie to get it for me! And thank you to the women of MadMen for looking adorable and for setting an unattainable standard for this lazy and frumpy housewife of the 2011's to keep up with!

1 comment:

  1. You are far from frumpy, Heidi, and never could be! I have to agree though that I love that cute yellow dress from Anthropologie. I think you need it! :) Also, those pictures of the women of Madmen are so cute, I just might have to start watching the show. How did they do it back then?

    ReplyDelete