.

.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Playa Del Carmen

Scott and I were lucky enough to be able to get away for the week.
Destination? Playa Del Carmen, Mexico.

While it was nerve racking to leave Alec, we knew he was in good hands with his Grandma Irene.
It obviously didn't take us long to get comfortable.


We stayed at an amazing resort.




Our room was right off the beach, so all we had to do was walk down this path to get to the ocean.



Silly me, I am prancing around in my bikini in almost ALL of our pictures, so they won't be making an appearance. Why I even take those pictures, who knows? Next time I will make sure to take some in my cover-up.

Handsome Hubby


Okay, I have to sneak in this one picture just to remember how amazing the pool was! I will say that we felt a little jipped being that it was an all inclusive resort, including alcoholic beverages. We tried to get our money's worth and ordered as many virgin pina coladas as we could handle.



This little floater and I became the best of friends! (yes, that is a swim up bar in the background)

Yummy dinner every night.


After laying out here and baking in the sun the first few days,


these became much more appealing.


We ventured out from the resort for breakfast one morning at this DELICIOUS restaurant called Del Queva El Changa (the cave of the monkeys). We lived at this place the last time we were in Mexico, so we had to make a visit.


It did not disappoint. My Chicken Chile Crepes were just as scrumptious as I remembered.
And so was Scott's....I have no idea what his dish was...heart attack on a plate????


This trip couldn't have come at a more perfect time. Just two weeks before we left, we found out that this vacation was going to be a ....


We couldn't be more excited! This little surprise will be joining our family on Thanksgiving Day!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Heidi! That looks like such a fun vacation! I bet you're glad you could do that before baby #2 comes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great vacation! I'm so bummed we couldn't go! That beach looks amazing! Congrats on baby #2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well congrats on baby #2!! That is so exciting!
    Looks like you guys had a fun trip! It always is nice to get away and just relax.

    ReplyDelete