.

.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Tourists- Garden of the Gods

Scott and I have lived in Colorado coming up on five years now.
We recently had a discussion about how many people vacation and travel to Colorado to sight-see. Which led to another discussion about how lame we are that we have hardly seen any of Colorado. Which then led to a pact that every free weekend, we will become tourists of our own hometown.

Our first stop was Colorado Springs where we walked through Garden of the Gods.


Even though it was a cool 100* outside, Alec was a little champ.








Even though the scenery was breathtaking, I couldn't stop taking pictures of this sweet face.






My best impression of the Lion King.


Afterward we walked down the historic district and stopped at this place for burgers.
(I have been obsessively craving burgers and red meat this pregnancy. Go figure, with Alec it was clementines)




Alec was worried about catching a cold in the stale 100* heat.


This tourist business is tiring! I think Scott and I both wished that we could have done this on the way home.


Hmmm, where to next?

No comments:

Post a Comment