.

.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Family Room

We've been in our house for 2 months now. The decorating is slowly coming along. The OCD part of me just wants to get everything completely done asap. To me, having undecorated space is like having dirty dishes in the sink, it eats at me! However, I know that if I just slow down, take my time, and buy the quality items that I really want, I will be much happier in the long run.

I am attempting to have a light, white, clean airy feel throughout the main floor.
In order to accomplish this, I started off by getting rid of all of our old furniture, minus the couches. (I would love nothing more than to have white linen slip covered couches. But the practicality of dark leather won out). Instead I tried to buy as much white/light "stuff" as I could.

All the pillows along with white linen drapes came from Pottery Barn.


These cable knit down pillows are so cozy!




This coffee table came from Pottery Barn along with the rug. At the risk of being redundant, EVERYTHING that I purchased came from Pottery Barn. Not very creative, but I love their style, and I wanted some continuity throughout the house. For the quality I felt they had fair prices.





This clock has really grown on me, it was surprisingly difficult to find a white/light clock.




I LOVE this picture! This was the first large picture of Christ that I purchased. I bought this one about 3 years ago. It is amazing, the second that this picture is hung in a room the entire aura of the room changes. I love it!



I am not sure what to do with the nooks in the built-in. I hate clutter, so I am having a hard time filling it.



2 comments:

  1. Everything looks so good!! I want to come over. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful!! You found your white pitcher!! I love it. We need to get together soon. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete