.

.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Misery Loves Company

Sheri, one of my best friends growing up, and I are both pregnant with girls. Sheri is due December 22nd, while I am due November 22nd. We seem to find ourselves constantly chatting on the phone about how excited we are for these little girls, as well as how gratefully miserable and uncomfortable we are.
Since misery happens to love company, Sheri flew from California out to Denver so that we could spend a girls weekend together.

We ate yummy food at the Grand Lux Cafe.


Got manicures.


Massages


Sheri did her very best to win over Alec while we shopped.
He gave her a dose of her own medicine and played hard to get.


We went to the movie Sarah's Key, where I balled my little pregnant eyes out.


We laid out at the pool like a couple of beached whales.




We never thought that we would see the day when we were both pregnant, barefoot and in the kitchen.


The best part of the trip was being able to relax with a good friend and talk the day away.


This visit from Sheri was just what I needed to kick start myself into my last trimester!

1 comment:

  1. Heidi, what the heck, how are you due in less than 3 months? Do don't even look pregnant!!! Some people have all the luck!

    Congrats to both you and Sheri! I didn't know she was expecting as well...so exciting!

    ReplyDelete