.

.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Lazy

Ask anyone that knows me, Scott in particular, and they will tell you that I am at my happiest when I am being PRODUCTIVE. Scott has come to despise that term. Whenever we are laying around wasting time, I always ruin the relaxation by restlessly proclaiming that I need to do something productive!
That being said, this Winter Break was spent doing a whole lot of nothing! Having a newborn and living in a climate where at times it was 4 degrees calls for some lazy/lounging/snuggly time.









(notice ava in the background?)




After a huge snow storm, Scott had to pry himself from the warm comfy couch, slide into his Sorels, and get to work on shoveling our north facing driveway.

Alec monitoring Scott's work.

Not convinced that Dad-da was getting all the snow, he begged to go outside to micromanage.



Overwhelmed by all the work left to do.


All that chilly hard work earned Alec his first taste of hot chocolate.

More lounging. Ava and I enjoying the winter wonderland from bed.


Big Brother strolled in and wanted in on the photo shoot.





First kiss from Alec. (he kisses by touching foreheads)


SNOW SLEDDING
We couldn't get Alec strapped into his carseat with all his snow gear. We ended up plopping him in his seat and driving down the street to our destination.







Playing hard to get, he tries his very best not to look at the camera. No matter how close I get to him.


All worn out from sledding.
We all assumed our positions back on the couch watching Alec's choice of movie, either Lion King or Hercules.
Alec has affectionately earned the nickname Double-Decker.
He finds it impossible to choose between his hats, so why not wear them both?


While being lazy for an entire week was sometimes enough to drive me crazy, I am grateful for all the reasons that enabled our love filled lazy holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment